Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Be careful what you wish for

Zach got In Trouble at school Again today.
For Talking.
For Talking! Admittedly though I'm fairly okay with it. Don't get me wrong, he should be following the rules, and I am sorry for his teacher who has to continually ask him to please turn around, and not talk to his neighbors as they walk down the halls, and I will sternly talk to him about it, but inside I'm Laughing.

Once upon a time I had a little blue eyed boy who never said a word. Didn't say "mama" or "da-da" or anything. We taught him sign language to help him communicate. Other parents would try and comfort me with their own success stories, "my kid didn't talk, and now we can't get him to stop!"
Oh, how I wished!

My wish came true. I admit there are days when I think he's going to actually talk my ear off, and I truly think he must be making up for lost time, but I think we'll be okay if he can just figure out appropriate vs. inappropriate times for talking to our friends.

No comments: