Wednesday, April 11, 2012

my reason for lack of Easter pics

This year I got the boys somewhat matchy ties for Easter.  Zach's and Christopher's are similar because that's the way it has to be to keep the peace (Christopher has to be Just Like Zach).

Nick is into bow ties, but he only has two.  His black bow tie that he has to wear for orchestra concerts, and his red Doctor Who one.  I thought a little variety was in order.

After checking out stores at the mall, I ended up just ordering one off Amazon.  It was supposed to be here last Friday.   Amazon has always been ridiculously reliable so I wasn't worried.

Friday came and went.  No tie.

Same with Saturday.

The mail doesn't come on Sunday, so I didn't even look.

Monday and Tuesday came and went without the long awaited for delivery.  (yes, I realize we are talking about a bow tie)

I checked, and the website says they had shipped it days ago.  Unfortunately UPS had yet to lay eyes on it.

I figured all hope was lost, talked to customer service, and had another tie on it's way for no charge.

Hallelujah.

Of course the first tie showed up only hours later.


I'm thinking the regular neck ties thought it was too nerdy and beat it up.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

that is crazy. I love the color of the tie though!

Beverly B. said...

I love Amazon. That's weird. Was the package beat up?

Kirsten said...

The package looked fine, but I don't think it was the original packaging. The tie was just loose in a giant padded envelope. The replacement tie had inner packaging (a plastic bag) and it came in a smaller padded envelope.

AZ Smurfette said...

Hilarious!