Friday, July 11, 2014

Adventures for Youth

For the last three years, I've sent Nick to EFY (Especially for Youth) at either BYU or NAU, but this year for Maddie's first year, and Nick's last, we sent the kids to AFY in Idaho.

It's like EFY, but with more dirt.  Instead of college dorm rooms they sleep in cabins.  Instead of classes other "activities" they ride horses and go river rafting and zip lining and all that fun stuff.

Needless to say, they loved it.  And I would totally recommend it as an alternative to anyone thinking about it.

I put them on a plane to grandma's house, and from there my parents drove them up to BYU Idaho and dropped them off. 

Unfortunately I don't have many pictures.  They were so busy having fun they forgot to take many.

But I got an earful.  That girl of mine can talk a mile a minute when she gets excited.  And boy was she excited to tell me everything and about all her new friends and all their nicknames, and the cute boy she was crushing on, and her counselors and everything.


And then when it was all over grandma and grandpa drove all the way back to Idaho to pick them up and then they spent the weekend in Salt Lake before heading home to Phoenix.


No comments: