Wednesday, December 24, 2014

December - Birthdays

December is so hard to celebrate birthdays.

Maddie and I both celebrated a birthday on the 11th.  With so many things going on, there wasn't much time to do anything.

I did pull her out of school for a bit and go to lunch.  There's all sorts of free food to be had on your birthday around here.

Nick's birthday is even harder.  It's Christmas Eve.  He turned 18.  Eighteen!! I have an adult child. Yikes.  Not too adult to wear the requisite sombrero at one of his favorite restaurants.

And then on to Christmas lights at the temple.

I think at this point even if he wanted to do something different, we couldn't because Christopher likes his traditions. This is the way things are done.  Christopher directed the whole evening.  Down to the sombrero and everything.

And we had cake.

Maddie had to wait two weeks for her birthday cake.

But I thought this was pretty priceless.

The two of them singing to each other.

I know I've mentioned it before, but I can't tell you how happy it makes me to see these two finally become friends.

And they are.

Which in my book is a fantastic birthday present for this mom.

(of course next year just HAS to be special.  Maddie will turn 16 and I will turn 40 on the same day!!)

No comments: