Because Maddie is a State Thespian Officer, that meant sticking around Arizona for an extra week while her brothers went to Utah with their grandma. She had to stick around because she was running drama leadership camp.
She had been freaking out about it for weeks. They had meetings after meetings, other officers were dropping like flies, which meant more responsibilities for her. She had classes to teach, and campers that she was their official counselor. The theme was 80's, so she had to come up with outfits for each day, a theme for their group, etc, etc, etc.
The day of camp arrived and I sent her off with her decorated spatula (don't ask... I don't get it...and I don't think she does either...), her gold fanny pack full of camp counselor essentials, and all the other things she would need to survive several days of drama leadership camp.
She had a lot of fun, made lots of new friends, and was once again chosen to be an STO for the upcoming year.
After that, I shipped her off to Utah to be with her brothers and go to EFY.
- Side note- yes, I was home ALONE, all by my little lonesome for a few days. Just long enough for it to be glorious, but not lonely. Although at one point I had washed ALL the dishes, every single one, and put them away, but then realized that I was hungry but didn't want to eat, because I couldn't think of the last time that ALL the dishes were clean and put away. As in, there was not so much as a dirty knife in the dishwasher. I ended up eating a granola bar. No dishes required.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment