John gets to go to Australia later this month. I am beyond green with envy. Totally jealous. We've used up our allotment of 'taking advantage of the free babysitting service' offered by our mothers this year, so I get to stay home with the kiddos. He's going for work. More classes, more tests, more certifications. He's there for work, but he'll still get a couple days to play and evenings too. I think when the subject comes around I just give him a dirty look and stick my tongue out at him.
At one point he tried to assure me that it won't be as much fun without me, but how is that supposed to make me feel better? I don't want him to have less fun without me, it's not as though I am vindictive enough to wish him a terrible time, and hope it rains on him every day, I want him to have fun and enjoy himself, I just want to go too. Does that make sense?
He also gets to go to England again. Same reasons for going and same reasons for leaving me behind. But I'm not so upset about it this time. Don't get me wrong, I LOVED England. I only spent one day there and it was so not enough. I can't wait to get back there in fact. But since we are totally planning on trying to move to Europe by this time next year, I can deal with it. I'll get that opportunity again, in the foreseeable future.
Maybe John will love Australia so much we could talk about the same type of situation and someday move there while John takes some sort of computer contractor's job for 6 months or more. I could do that. After Europe of course.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
um WHAT? seriously no one travels more then your hubby. I am so jealous too.
I'm jealous too. That will be awesome if you get to live in Europe.
Post a Comment