Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Spoke too soon

There are times when someone asks me where John is traveling to this week, I can honestly say "I'm not sure". Sometimes I get a funny look that says "You don't KNOW what city your husband is in?!?" So sometimes when they ask that question, and I'm not quite sure, I'll just fudge the answer and guess. "Uh, Boston I think."

I know that sounds terrible that there are times when I don't actually know what city or state or even time zone my husband is in. But in my defense it fluctuates pretty regularly. For instance since my last post just a couple days ago, John's plans have changed a couple times. The class in Australia got canceled, but there was one in Germany two weeks after the one in England. So instead of going to Australia, for one class, then straight to England for another, then home, for the past two days the plan was to fly to England for a class, have a week off but stay in Europe because a hotel for a week is cheaper than a plane ticket, then spend another week in Germany. It was going to amount to him being gone for something like 24 days straight or something. Today he's not even sure if he is going to Europe or not. Despite the fact that he is their "Golden Boy" for test taking, this particular course is not something he is that familiar with, doesn't deal with, and is not interested in dealing with, and they were putting a good deal of pressure on him to get these certifications in an extremely short period of time so they are thinking that maybe somebody else who actually deals with this stuff for a living might be a better candidate for taking some of the tests. (wow that's a run-on)

So I spoke too soon. Australia is definitely out of the question, and probably Europe as well. I think he's disappointed. During his "week of study" between classes he had planned on visiting St. Andrews in Scotland. You know, The Birthplace of Golf.

1 comment:

Rees Family said...

YOU ARE NOT MOVING TO EUROPE!!! I don't want to hear another word about it!