Saturday, February 12, 2011

It's here. Oh, and they're here too.

♪♫♪ It's here, it's here, it's here it's here! ♪♫♪

And by "it" of course I am talking about my furniture.

I know, I am kindof ridiculously excited about it. It is just stuff. Materialistic things.

But I've waited a really long time. (Seven years.) And I saved my very own hard earned money. (I actually have callouses from stirring and cutting caramels-true story) And it's really pretty.

In fact, I'm having a hard time letting the kids near the desk. The desk that we bought so they would have a place to do their homework where it wouldn't be in danger of having orange juice spilled on it. (another true story) Last night Madison wanted to sit at the desk and research sea horses for a school report, and take notes in a spiral bound notebook, and that once harmless metal coil started to look a lot more like razor wire sitting on my desk.

The people at Cortate were super nice. I know they were at the mercy of the shipping people and the builders just as much as I was. They knew I was a single mom this week, so Hope (the owner) had her son Greg, follow me home, and set up the furniture in my house- twice! It took two loads in the trailer. Needless to say- I gave them caramels.

I had it all arranged in my head, where everything was going to go, but I was unprepared for how pretty the back of the desk was going to be. It's now my favorite part. Sadly, the desk is up against a wall right now. I need to figure out how to rearrange my furniture now to fix that travesty, but at the same time not look weird and awkward. (the furniture arrangement, not me. I gave up on that battle a long time ago.)

And in other news, the girl scout cookies arrived today too. Madison and I worked for the better part of the day delivering, but still have many more people to go. It seems I am incapable of not carrying on a lengthy conversation at each and every doorstep. (who, me? Talk alot? No way.)

7 comments:

Julie Hunt said...

Oh, it IS so beautiful1 You did well!

Rachel said...

awesome. I was running late yesterday and didn't get to come by. I'll be over this week to see it in real life!!

Jessica said...

Congratulations! It's gorgeous. It was worth the wait :)

Shelly said...

Love it! Glad you finally got the library you wanted :)

Shelly said...

Love it! Glad you finally got the library you wanted :)

Melissa said...

Yay for you! Looks beautiful!

Miss said...

That looks awesome!! Congrats! And..we need to come by to get some cookies!!