We said "Ciao" to Italy and our travel companions this morning and boarded a plane for Belgium.
Italy was fun and we have so many great memories. I can't wait to download some pictures.
John asked me what was my favorite part, and honestly I don't know.
Rome was cool and in many ways just "wow". Venice was magical. The Dolomites were fun.
We had one not-so-great hotel room (but it was clean and fairly cheap) but other than that we really lucked out with our stays.
We had some "lick-your-plate-clean" food and some "take-it-or-leave-it" food.
John and I spent the afternoon in Brussels wandering around, doing some window shopping, and doing some actual shopping (for chocolate).
Funny story I have to share before I forget-
I was picking out some chocolates in one particular store (Every other store in the town center is a chocolate shop) and this girl was telling us how much she loved her job. Apparently we couldn't pay her enough to take another job. "You could give me 5000 Euros a month and I would not leave zis job."(say it with a French accent) I made a comment that I would be afraid to work there because I'd get too fat. She replied "Oh no, zee chocolate is so good, you need only a little bit and you are satisfied". To which I replied that after eating Belgian chocolate I can't eat American chocolate anymore. "Oh! I will pay you to keep your American chocolate! One time I accidentally eat a piece of Hershey's chocolate, and I had spit it out!"
I'm pretty excited (and nervous!) for tomorrow. I'm taking a train to Paris by all by my little old self to spend about a day and a half.
Poor John has to work. :(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
LOVE the accent! ha. and hershey's... yeah pass! :) so happy you're having fun!
That is a hilarious story about "zi chocolat!"
Post a Comment