We celebrated two big events in two of our kids' lives on the same day.
Christopher finally decided he wanted to be baptized, and Zach turned 12, so he was able to be ordained a deacon and receive the Aaronic priesthood.
For Zach it was an easy decision, I'm sure the thought never even entered his brain that he could choose otherwise, because we always have a choice, but I admit I held my breath a little bit when Christopher had his interview with the Bishop. (He's been known to say "No, I can't follow Jesus...")
But he passed. And we celebrated both events.
This worked out great because we were able to have both grandmas and their favorite Aunt Corrine come out and be a part of it.
Sadly, I got very few pictures of that day, and none of the grandmas. I'm sure my mom is fine with that, but I'm wishing the day was better documented.
I did try and take Christopher to the temple to get his picture taken. He wanted to go to the Mesa temple like we did with Zach when he was baptized, but we were running out of day light, so he wasn't cooperative,
and the temple grounds were closed,
and I had the added issue of trying to work around the fact that the letter "R" fell off the building....
But, despite all that, I am so proud of my boys, and it was a good day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
The huge eyes and the missing "R" both crack me up! What a happy day for your boys.
Post a Comment