When the concept of Christopher getting baptized was a real question, I was asked whether or not Christopher would be joining Cub Scouts, because that's also what most Mormon boys do when they are 8. They join Cub Scouts.
If I didn't know and love the person asking the question, I might have been offended. No, Christopher is not like most boys his age. Yes, he does have difficulties grasping concepts that aren't tangible. Things that he can't see, touch, taste, smell, hear, or measure in some way. Like faith, or metaphors, or fables, or parables. Very difficult concepts.
But Cub Scouts? An opportunity to get together with boys his age and do fun things, and organized activities, and then have a treat when it's over? And the added bonus of being just like his older brothers and following in their footsteps? He's all over that.
He loves every minute of it.
And I can't tell you how many times in the last few months that I've been told how much his leaders love and adore him because he's so sweet and happy to be there and has a good attitude about everything.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment