Saturday, March 14, 2015

Spring Break

When I was a little girl, I never understood the hype around Spring Break.  We only ever got one extra day off from school (Good Friday).  While I was always excited to have an extra day off, it was just one day.

However, upon moving to Arizona, we realized the glories that Spring Break can be- A whole week off from school!  (We even think that if our district were to change to year round, and we got two weeks off, we wouldn't complain)

Admittedly some breaks are better than others.  Some years we do fun things, some years people come visit us.  This year Nick and Maddie both had various things (Nick on his mini mission, Maddie had drama stuff at school) so it was mostly just me and the little boys.

Christopher and Zach had a lemonade stand.  It was pretty successful in that while they didn't sell much in volume, the few people that stopped by were pretty big tippers.

We visited the State Capitol.  That was my first time ever since we moved to Arizona.



And one day my sweet friend Teresa picked up the kids and took them to the zoo.



And awesomely enough, they saw a Delorean in the parking lot.  I'm just proud that my kids know to be excited about Deloreans.

And we figured out that the local Deseret Book carries BYU Creamery ice-cream, so the kids were pretty excited about that, and we didn't even have to go to Provo.

No comments: