So I don't know if I mentioned it before, but the company I work for, Metro Fire Equipment, is a family owned and operated business. Like, half the people here seem to be related in some way or another to the guy who started this company 40 years ago, or at the very least related to somebody else. Like one of my friends is the sister of the daughter in law of the owner, and her daughter and son in law also work here.
Anyways, I mention that, because I think it is a very viable possibility that Christopher could end up working here. It was purely coincidental that he became obsessed with fire alarms (and we all know he has always been obsessed with safety) at about the same time I started working here. I think he started becoming interested in them just so he could figure them out, so they wouldn't seem so scary when they had fire drills at school. (Which apparently is monthly.)
So, because he started watching all sorts of youtube videos and talking about various things like "pull down stations" and other random terminology I am unfamiliar with (I just answer the phones and then connect the caller with the person who can actually help them), I asked a guy at work if they ever had broken "pull down stations" if they could put one aside for me. The very next morning, I found this waiting for me on my desk.
You would not believe how ridiculously excited I was to bring this home to Christopher. He loves it.
Of course since it is broken, his Christmas list includes "tools to fix alarms". He has big plans to wire our house, and put in other random pieces of equipment like strobe lights and heat detectors.
I've already talked with VP of alarms (who happens to be the husband of the friend who said "Hey! Go work for Metro!" and Christopher has a job just as soon as he's old enough.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment