Thursday, November 26, 2015

We're Thankful

♫♪♫ Count your many blessings, name them one by one...♪♫♪

Every year I think, next year, I'm going to do something beautiful and visual to prompt thankful thoughts in our family, something that lasts all month long.  Something I found on Pinterest, but that takes effort, and planning ahead all that fun stuff.

So we made do, and procured a large poster board and we brainstormed ideas of things we were thankful for.  My sweet kids were really into it, and worked on it for quite awhile.   The things they were thankful for ranged from the usual like "A Home, Food, School, Family, Music, and Friends",  to the spiritual like "Church, Jesus, a Prophet, the Temple, and Scriptures", to the somewhat ridiculous like "Capes (as in superheroes, not the bodies of water), Netflix, chocolate, pizza, and the TARDIS."

We had the usual Turkey dinner,  and even if Nick were here to help us eat it all, there would have been too much food.  

Once again, we were able to have our turkey cooked in a pit, although I fear this year may be our last chance to rely on their generosity, as the family with the big turkey pit is moving.  Apparently all the kids are grown and moved out and it's too much home for two people.  I wonder if the new owners would be interested in cooking my turkey next year?

No comments: