Monday, December 21, 2015

thank goodness for passwords

So I'm sure I've mentioned that Christopher is obsessed with safety, especially fire safety these days.  He's always trying to convince me exactly where we need strobe lights and pull down stations and heat sensors...

He gets on the internet and researches and studies the various makes and models and capabilities of certain pieces of equipment...

But I had no idea how far he'd try and take it, until one day when I logged into Amazon to make a couple Christmas purchases.

This picture takes a moment to appreciate.

In addition to the grand total of over 2 thousand dollars, there are 29 items in the shopping cart.  (None of which are mine.)

In fairness, not everything was safety related.  Unless you count sunglasses, which some might argue are for eye safety, but for the sake of argument, we aren't, because those are a fairly normal item for a kid to ask for.  He also tried to purchase an electric scooter, and I think one other "normal" item.  ("Normal" being relative of course.)

Anyways, Christopher is super annoyed I won't tell him my Amazon password.  Just like at Target, he can put crap in my shopping cart all he wants, but that doesn't mean I will pay for it.  Of course I think he thinks that I won't actually have to pay for it.  I'm just clicking a few buttons and typing in passwords, how is that even the same as paying for stuff at a real store?  In his mind, I think, that privilege falls on the mailman who delivers the packages.

No comments: