Monday, January 18, 2016

Jamaica (part 3...)

This may or may not be the last post...  We'll see.  Supposedly Corrine has some pictures, but I haven't seen them yet, and I haven't pushed the issue because frankly I'm a little scared.  Basically there was a "professional photographer" taking pictures of our little adventure ziplining and stuff, and then of course they charge extra if you want to buy them.  Corrine bought them, but I've been afraid to ask.  Mostly because I'm pretty sure these pictures won't be showing my best side.  For starters, there was one point when this guy was taking pictures of me horseback riding.  In the ocean, like waist deep in the ocean, in nothing but my bathing suit with a really awkward life preserver belt around my waist.  And fyi- this is the bathing suit that Maddie has asked me to never ever wear again in public.  Seriously.   I have a great story about a banana boat and my swimsuit, but I think I shall not be telling it here because I pretty much don't want anybody of the male gender reading about it.

Anyways, I do have a lot of other pictures to share, so here goes...
Maddie on the balcony enjoying the view from our room

Beach chair selfie

Yes, that's a restroom, but Corrine is from Texas so I made her pose.  She's a good sport :)

No that dude isn't real.  Yes, we actually thought so at first.  

Maddie's pirate pose.

Bob Marley.  We listened to so much reggae during that trip.  I wonder if the locals go home and put on some classical music or something to kind of clear their palate or something. Most of the songs we heard were AT LEAST 20 years old.  And we heard them over and over again in the space of only a couple of days.  

No filter required.  Maddie was amazed that some places actually look like this without the help of photoshop.

Selfie with aunt Corrine.

I just thought this was funny.  I order something red, Corrine orders something blue.  Usually though, we'd go with pina coladas, or then there was the ever popular children's drink menu.  I could even order the "Fairy Princess" with a straight face.  Maddie's drink of choice was fittingly enough  the "Sweet 16".

This was our second attempt at taking this picture.  The first attempt included all three of us, but I was in my swimsuit, so that picture needed to be retaken.  

We asked our driver to take a picture of us overlooking the bay.  We suspect it was his first time taking a picture with an iphone. It was a very beautiful overlook point.  
Taken while we were on our zip lining adventure.  PS- zip lining through the jungle- funnest thing ever. 

Our zip lining guide didn't seem to be too familiar with iphones either. 

But she eventually got it right.

Here she is posing with us. Isn't she cute?  He name is Mika. She was awesome.

And we totally went tubing down a river.  In the jungle. 

Maddie.  At a bar. Drinking her Sweet 16.  Getting hit on by the waiter.  He made her a rose out of a napkin.  

She saved it. 

Our last morning we got up early to enjoy the sunrise.  Of course we didn't realize at the time that the sun rises on the other side of the island.  (We're facing the direction we watched it set the night before...)


And then we had breakfast on the beach, and kicked ourselves for not finding this little gem earlier. 

The giraffe's name is Rosie. 

Walking along the beach...

Maddie wanted a little bit of local color.


Corrine and Maddie

Such an idyllic setting.  Such a perfect weekend. 

This sign portrayed the dilemma I felt going home.  

Just because.  Maddie was in love with the flora.  

No comments: