But that was not what Thanksgiving was going to look like in our home this year (however, to be fair, after I made other plans, I got SEVERAL invites from our amazing friends.) This year, it was just going to be the 4 of us, and only 3 of us actually eat anything you might find on a Thanksgiving table. It was going to be me spending HOURS making everyone's favorite dishes, then roughly 15 minutes of eating, and then me spending HOURS cleaning up and trying to figure out where to stick all the leftovers.
Several years ago, after just the same scenario, I announced "Never Again! Next time it's just us, we will eat sandwiches! (turkey of course) Someplace exotic, and memorable, like the beach!" And so the idea was hatched. It took several years to realize my dream. I mean, don't get me wrong, that just meant that we were having Thanksgiving with the grandparents and the aunts and uncles and cousins (both sides of the family depending on the year).
And so, this year I got on the internet and found some cheap sleeping accommodations, we picked up our turkey sandwiches from the local deli (minus Christopher of course, we brought along the fixings for a peanut butter sandwich - no jelly, he's weird)
We cruised along the Pacific Coast Highway, rolled down the windows, and listened to good music, like the dorks we are. I wish oh wish we had a convertible, but alas.
We found a spot on the beach that was away from tourists and enjoyed our meal.
The kids got their feet wet, and Maddie attempted to do some yoga on a rock.
We played for awhile and then headed off to find our tiny little cabin in the woods.
And I mean tiny. It was this tiny little cabin on wheels with 2 sets of bunkbeds, a tv and dvd player to watch movies, a bathroom, and the tiniest little kitchen.
It was perfect.













No comments:
Post a Comment