When I found out that Blue October, one of Maddie's and mine favorite bands, was coming to town, and the ticket prices were super reasonable, I jumped on it.
It was such a fun concert and such a great first concert experience for Maddie. It was at a club downtown, and we had to stand in line outside. It was at a night club and it was general admission, so we made sure to get there plenty early.
Since it was at a nightclub, they ID'd us. I got the wristband saying I was over 21, and Maddie got giant X's on her hands saying she wasn't.
We were so close to the stage. It was awesome. I've never been that close in my life. So close in fact, that when Justin Furstenfeld, the lead singer, flicked his guitar pick into the audience, Maddie caught it. I made sure to tell Maddie that concerts just don't get better than this, just in case she has high expectations.
Plus as an added bonus, O.A.R. was playing with them, and Maddie found another band she really likes, as well as another guitar pick on the ground with their band logo on it. Score.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment