Friday, April 7, 2017

speaking of choir...

Both Nick and Maddie were pressured to join choir, and neither one have regretted it.

Besides being an amazing experience, learning and growing their talents, and making new friends, their teacher is one of the best around.   Officially he's 'Mr Flora', but that's his dad so he'll answer to anything else.  Usually the kids just call him Flo.  He's serious and hardworking and demanding when he needs to be, but he's silly and fun and kind and sweet and understanding whenever he can be.
Flo is the one in the middle.  I have no idea who the other two people are. 

The kids love him, and they know that he loves them, and then they want to work all the harder to make him proud of them.

The other day I had this conversation with Maddie when she was debating quitting something-

Maddie - "Do you think Flo will be mad at me if I quit?"
Me- "No.  But he'll probably be disappointed in you."
Maddie - "Ugh!!  That's worse!!"

Anyways, I stole these pictures off her phone recently.  And not that they really have anything to do with what an amazing teacher their choir teacher is, but it's kinda related, and I wanted to share both things, so I'm going with it.  A bunch of kids eat lunch in the choir classroom every day and sometimes they play "The Floor is Lava".  (You can see Flo standing on a chair in the background.)

These pictures are so great because you can see The. Exact. Moment. when Maddie realized she wasn't going to make it to the next chair.  Pure gold.



No comments: