Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Happy Birthday Christopher!

Christopher turned 11.   He's so anxious to grow up.  He tells me he's a tween and reminds me that this next year will be his last year in elementary school and primary.  I just want to hold onto him and keep him little forever, but it's not working.  He just keeps growing and growing.  He's bound and determined to be the tallest in the family, and he just may out of sheer will power alone. 

For his birthday he wanted "A Portal Cake".  Technically it's a chocolate praline layer cake, but we call it a Portal Cake.   It's a long story.  There's a girl, a dance, and the video game 'Portal'.

Christopher helped decorate it with exactly 11 cherries. The original cake doesn't have cherries, but the portal cake does. Even though he doesn't like cherries.  They must be there.

And Christopher realized his life long dream of having a pool party.  Now that we live in a neighborhood with a pool, we could do that.   We had pizza for lunch, and Christopher really wanted a pinata.  I found a Darth Vader pinata so naturally we used a lightsaber to bust it open.  My friend Linzie came and helped with everything and she was a total lifesaver.  I couldn't have done this alone.  (Plus the big kids were awesome)

Anyway, I think Christopher had a good day.

No comments: