It's been a tradition with Christopher since always that I come pick him up on the last day of school.
I think it started when he was younger and he wanted to give his teachers caramels, but since he has so many people who love and take good care of him all day, I would bring in the bag to make sure that they all went to the right people. One year I showed up, with like 8 bags of caramels, and before I had Christopher hand them out, the teacher thanked me for them, and told me they had enjoyed them very much. Apparently Christopher had already given them a bag, (the bag he was supposed to give his morning bus attendant) and they all split it.
Anyways, even though he is much bigger and can follow directions better, he still wants me to come on the last day and pick him up and take him home.
Sometimes he talks about not wanting to be in Spice anymore, sadly I think it makes him feel different from the other kids, but good golly I wish he knew how lucky and blessed he is to have all these people love him and take care of him all day long.
On the last day of 6th grade the 6th graders run around the halls and say goodbye to all the younger kids. There's lots of cheering and clapping and high fives. Except for one rather large boy. He was Christopher's friend, and he was huge for a 6th grader. He cried as he walked through the hallway and when he got to Mrs Shaffer he just fell on her and sobbed big heart breaking sobs. I had to look away. While the other kids were ecstatic and thrilled to be done with elementary school, his heart was broken.
Anyways, 5th grade is officially over (and 11th grade for Maddie, and 9th for Zach, although I don't have pictures of them...).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment