My friend Mindy was in town visiting and she said "There's this book that you HAVE to read! Oh my gosh! I need to talk to someone about these books!" And that's how it began. She dragged me to the bookstore, bought books one and two for me (in hardback, cause she knew I would want to share them) and I was instructed to read them ASAP and then call her immediately, because she needed someone to talk to. "I know it sounds kind of weird" she said, "but trust me on this one. It's about this girl and this guy who fall in love, but he's a vampire..."
So that was how it began. True to her word, I loved the books, and lent them out until my friends started buying their own copies. I went to a book signing by the author,
a midnight release party for the latest book,
stayed up all night reading that book, took a picture of a silver Volvo S60R in the parking lot of a hospital with my cell phone,
and for awhile there my flair board on facebook was all twilight. (Now it's all Halloween, I think I need to change that).
stayed up all night reading that book, took a picture of a silver Volvo S60R in the parking lot of a hospital with my cell phone, On the other hand, I've never sent off any fan mail, or dressed up as a character from the book, I don't own any of the t-shirts (although I wouldn't say no to one), I thought about doing a whole twilight theme background for my blog, but thought better of it, I do own the twilight complete illustrated movie companion book, but I didn't buy that or ask for that and if I had seen it in a bookstore I most likely would have picked it up and thumbed through it, but not paid actual money for it. I was just in an exceptionally crabby mood one day and John bought it for me "so he could see me smile". I didn't go to the midnight release of the party (but that's just cause things didn't work out that way.)
But I have seen the movie twice already. Once on Friday and once on Saturday. Obviously I loved it. I loved it even though it was cheesy in spots, and choppy, and too short, and there could have been a lot more character development, and some of the special effects and left a little to be desired, and I laughed throughout the whole thing. I laughed at serious moments when laughing would normally be inappropriate, I laughed at certain parts that felt more like an inside joke to those of us who have read it a few times, and I laughed at the people around us. For instance there was this little girl (12 or 13 or so) sitting next to us and she was the best. So totally not in control of herself no matter how hard she tried. She was almost as entertaining as the movie with her gasps and sighs every time Edward had a close up, how she just shook in her seat, and her barely audible "I love you Edward!" or "Just kiss her already!" had us laughing (silently) in our seats.
I've heard rumors that New Moon will be made, and I am crossing my fingers that they will throw a little more money into the production of it. Maybe I'll go to that midnight release showing of it, and wear a twilight inspired t-shirt. Until then I shall have to bide my time, I am sure I can find something to keep me occupied, but if anyone else wants to go see the movie (again even) I'm so game.

8 comments:
Yay! I can't believe you saw it twice. I loved it and totally agree with the hokiness of it. Loved the audience of teeny boppers. They made it so fun and extremely funny. I went with Craig and he totally didn't understand why I was ,aughing at certain parts....Jasper!!! Soooooo funny.
I am so glad there is another Twilight fan out there! If I was near you, we could go see the movie again together! I too hope she finishes Midnight Sun. :(
I re-read Twilight yesterday for the third or fourth time. It was then when I realized how much was missing from the movie, yet I still liked it and would see it again.
I am glad you got your fix of Twilight. I thought about you when reading all the news articles about the movie. See, everyone has a little obsession about something :)
You know I am not a Twilight fan, but I say hooray to any passionate fan of something they adore. I'm glad you liked the movie!
Hey Kirsten I dabble a bit in blogging so I will add you to my list too! I am glad that I am not the only one that checks out all the extra Twilight stuff:) You should go to Stephanie's website I think you'll find something there that will cheer you up. I really hope that she decides to finish Midnight Sun that was my favorite.
Ooo! Ooo! I wanna go again!! ;)
I haven't seen it yet and probably won't have a chance until Dec 5th. It seems like everyone I know has seen it already. I'm glad to hear you liked it.
That little girl was truly the highlight of our movie experience...can you say Beetle mania...I mean Edward mania! She was hysterical.. both hysterical funny and emotionally hysterical!!! It was also fun seeing the movie again, and hanging with you!
Post a Comment