My baby is growing up.
Instead of a vocabulary consisting of just nouns (ball, car, shirt, etc) he's starting to string words together. At this very moment as I sit here and type this, he is using his very favorite sentence " Mo-om, ah ya you?" (Mom, where are you?) If I am not in his sight, you can bet I'll be hearing those words over and over again (no matter how many times I answer him). Sometimes I don't even have to be out of his sight.
But the biggest clue my baby is growing up is that we have graduated from Blues Clues to Disney's Cars. It is now the #1 asked for show in the house. He still likes to sit on his nasty red thinking chair propped on my couch and watch it, but generally he will have either a) his Cars pillow, b) Zach's Cars blanket (from when he got surgery on his you-know-what), c) a large stuffed Mamer (Mater), d) one or more Cars toys in his clutches, or e) all of the above.
Not to worry though, I still have about three more milestones (that I can think of off the top of my head) before he's a real little boy and I am officially done with baby/toddler hood- We need to move him from the crib to a big boy bed (should happen by the end of the year), he needs to be potty trained (I am afraid the kid might have to potty train himself. I do not jest when I say "Zach broke me."). And finally after he is potty trained, I can send him to pre-school. And we all know that exactly 14 seconds after I drop him off for the first time I will burst into tears.
Bitter sweet it is, this thing of having your baby grow up.

1 comment:
My baby turns five tomorrow. I do not miss the days of potty training or constant needing to know where you are. BUT, I do miss the sweet snuggles and the sweet things they say and do all the time when they are little. Cherish every day, preschool is just around the corner!
Post a Comment