During the summer months, our master bedroom has a couple of things going against it. For starters it's above the garage. (Hot air rises) Secondly, it has a big west facing glass block window in the adjoining bathroom, which besides letting in a lot of natural light without sacrificing privacy, it creates an insufferable atmosphere in the late afternoon/evening. Needless to say it's been years since I thought the glass blocks were a good idea.
The point that I am getting at is that my bedroom is painfully, obviously, several degrees hotter than the rest of my house. Like 10. or 20. For several nights we tried sleeping with our heads at the foot of the bed (to be closer to the ceiling fan), but finally gave up on that last night and moved into the guest room.
John shares his home office with the guest room, which is great for the occasional over night guest, and that bed used to be ours for several years before we bought a new bedroom set when we moved to this house, in fact, that was the bed I had growing up, so I have spent the better part of a quarter of a century sleeping on that bed, so what's the problem?
The problem is that now I am used to a King size bed, and the guest room bed is a Double! (gasp! horror!) Let me clarify a little bit- I am used to sleeping in a King size bed ALL BY MYSELF, and now I am sharing a double. I realize it is a sad commentary that I get a better night's sleep when John is out of town (he's a cuddler- double gasp!) but the facts are the facts.
I'm checking the weather reports regularly- it is still going to be above 100 for the next few days, but it should be in the low nineties by the end of next week. Also, I figured out that if I open the windows between the hours of midnight and 7 am, the outdoor temperatures are cooler than the indoor ones. It's just surviving until midnight.
The point that I am getting at is that my bedroom is painfully, obviously, several degrees hotter than the rest of my house. Like 10. or 20. For several nights we tried sleeping with our heads at the foot of the bed (to be closer to the ceiling fan), but finally gave up on that last night and moved into the guest room.
John shares his home office with the guest room, which is great for the occasional over night guest, and that bed used to be ours for several years before we bought a new bedroom set when we moved to this house, in fact, that was the bed I had growing up, so I have spent the better part of a quarter of a century sleeping on that bed, so what's the problem?
The problem is that now I am used to a King size bed, and the guest room bed is a Double! (gasp! horror!) Let me clarify a little bit- I am used to sleeping in a King size bed ALL BY MYSELF, and now I am sharing a double. I realize it is a sad commentary that I get a better night's sleep when John is out of town (he's a cuddler- double gasp!) but the facts are the facts.
I'm checking the weather reports regularly- it is still going to be above 100 for the next few days, but it should be in the low nineties by the end of next week. Also, I figured out that if I open the windows between the hours of midnight and 7 am, the outdoor temperatures are cooler than the indoor ones. It's just surviving until midnight.

2 comments:
at one point we moved our entire bed into the center of the room under the fan. It worked like a charm.
I just tell people we have an indoor sauna!! I HATE it.
Post a Comment