Wednesday, January 26, 2011

10 1/2 months to go...

Madison got invited to her first Young Women's activity at our church last night.

No, she's not twelve yet.

They had a 'New Beginnings' night, and invited all the girls who will be turning 12 sometime during the year.

Now she's even more impatient to turn twelve.

It's already killing her that she's not old enough to babysit.

Of course, out of all the girls there, guess who was the youngest?

I remember being her age. (and as we have the exact same birthday, I can totally relate) I remember sitting on the back row of primary watching all the other kids graduate and move on until I was the. very. last. one.

It sucked.

I had always loved primary, but then something clicked inside of me, and the best way to describe it was I was in limbo.

waiting.
waiting.

waiting.

At least all of Madison's besties are younger than her. My BFF was 2 weeks older than me. I really hated her those two weeks.

She would go on, and on, about how awesome Young Women's was, and what super fun activity they did that Wednesday, and look at this cute handout they gave us to go along with the lesson, which by the way was totally awesome.

I really, really couldn't stand her those two weeks. I think every word out of her mouth had something to do with how much she loved being in Young Women's and how glad she was to not be in primary any more.

I think it will help me, remembering how I felt when I was her age, because watching all those beautiful older young women last night, I started to panic that I am not ready for any of that. I am amazed at the difference just a couple of years make.

very, very scary.
(just a random thing I noticed- I think Maddie is wearing the exact same pearl necklace in both pictures)

2 comments:

Beverly B. said...

It will go by quick. I'm so excited for her. It was a fun age for me but it was hard to wait.

AZ Smurfette said...

cute necklace! i can't believe you remember primary!