Monday, January 31, 2011

I have decided to cross off "furniture mover" as a possible career choice.

I mentioned yesterday that John was out of town when I got my chair for my library.

"That's ok. It's just a chair. How hard can it be, really? I can totally do it myself."

Holy cow.

And so the question is, How does one girl (me) get the World's Heaviest Chair from the back of her Suburban and into my house without killing myself?

With my brains and my kids' wagon that's how.

Of course getting it onto the wagon was quite a feat, and I nearly quit right there and waited for either Nick or my neighbor Mike to get home, but I persisted.

And navigating the front walk was pretty tricky, and getting it in the front door...

Then there was the fact that it was in two pieces and needed to be assembled, but didn't come with instructions...

And it was only by chance I discovered the feet tied in a bag to the underside of the chair...

But I did it!
All by myself.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

ooh it looks sleek. I like it. You should have called. I am quite skilled at moving furniture when hubby is gone.

Miss said...

"And, then there was the point when I had to take a breather and take a PICTURE". I totally would have skipped on that. Don't you feel all strong and accomplished now? ;) I would! Great job!