Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Busy

We have friends in town.

We've been busy.

Shopping, eating out, playing at the park, more shopping, more eating out, bowling, and just hanging out while the kids play. (John told Mindy to make sure I bought some stuff for me. I kinda really, really hate shopping for myself, so I was in pretty desperate need of clothes.- hence all the shopping, well that and Mindy lives in a town where the nearest mall is a good three hours away.)
Also, the sad fact is that Mindy and her family are what keep us in contact with many of our other friends. Friends we forget how much we enjoy seeing until Mindy comes back in town and organizes stuff. We have all these friends living only a few miles away that somehow we only manage to see when Mindy is in town. How sad is that? We were all in the same ward (church) together, and all went our separate ways, and now the joke (a totally overly used joke, but still sadly true) is "See ya next time the Brooksby's are in town!"

And although I have had at least one (sometimes two) cameras in my pocket, I haven't bothered to take any pictures. Must be too busy yakking to stop and "capture the moment".

I take that back.

I had Mindy take one picture of my hair so I could text it to John. (He's in Belgium) She gave me this super snazzy curling wand thingy and did my hair for me on Sunday, and I think I got more compliments and "how did you do that?!?"'s than I have in a very, very long time. This picture is the next day- over 24 hours later. With absolutely zero product in my hair.

We've also been selling girl scout cookies.

Is she not the prettiest girl scout ever? FYI- Mindy also curled her hair.

Now while the "prizes" are absolutely worthless and totally ridiculous, (I think she's earned a really ugly bandanna so far) Madison is still pretty motivated. She just likes selling cookies. I think she envisions her self bringing joy to the masses in the form of limited-time-only boxes of fats and carbs. She was the troop top seller last year, and was pretty proud of herself. (The good kind of pride- "I worked hard. I earned this!" )
So if anyone is interested- cookies are $4 a box, and this year there are only six kinds - Thin mints, Samoas, Trefoils, Do-si-dos, Tangalongs, and Lemon Chalet Cremes.

5 comments:

Nancy said...

I don't know if you would have shipped them to Utah, but I would have bought them from Madison if I had read this post yesterday morning. I just bought them from the neighbor yesterday afternoon.

Rachel said...

can't wait for my delivery. And you looked beautiful on Sunday.

Rees Family said...

So fun to spend time with you guys. We NEED to do it more frequently even when the Brooksbys aren't visiting. Can't wait for my cookies! :)

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

Thanks Kristen for your nice comment. Glad you found my blog and come visit anytime.

Amy said...

I feel so bad. My little neighbor girls came to my door early Sat. morning selling cookies! I forgot that I always get them from Maddie. Next Year, I promise. Also, your hair WAS fabulous. I just never had the chance to tell you Sunday! So what's the curling gizmo??