Tuesday, February 15, 2011

boys vs girls

For valentine's day my two middle kids needed to decorate boxes to collect their valentines in at school.

Madison pestered me for a week. "pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease..."

Zach mentioned it in passing. "oh, yeah, I need a box."

Upon examination of the three (free) shoe boxes I managed to scrounge up, Madison turned her nose up at them and begged me to take her to Michaels to find something cuter. "Please! I'll do extra chores! I'll pay for everything!"

Zach looked at the shoe boxes and said "I can have whichever box I want? wow. thanks!"

After settling on a set of hat boxes and a package of heart stickers, Madison came up with the idea that she could turn them into a birthday cake because it also happens to be Arizona's birthday on Valentine's Day.

I showed Zach a cute idea I found on another blog- sixtypiggies where you turn your box into a valentine eating monster. "Nah." I offered construction paper to decorate it. "No thanks." Stickers? "eh." He opted for the no-frills white paint with red lettering.

And at the end of the day, everybody was happy.

2 comments:

Ady Hahn said...

Too funny. I can't blame Zack because V-day is pretty girly. I love Madison's cake. Very creative.

Nancy said...

I love Madison's cake box. What a fun idea.