Thursday, August 4, 2011

Home Sweet Home

I love the way my house smells when I come home.

But I have to be gone a week or more to notice it.  Unless I have a candle burning, or someone forgot to flush, or there is a rotting diaper in the kitchen trash, I usually don't notice how my house smells when I get back from running daily errands.

But when I get back from a trip, there is a lovely scent awaiting me as I walk in the door.  Fruity and floral, my house seems to welcome me home and I am happy to be there.

( of course that only lasts for about a minute, and then I am standing outside unpacking the car, at night, after the sun has gone down, and yet I can still feel it's oppressive heat, like standing in front of an open oven, and I am already missing the cool summer nights I'd been enjoying for the last month or so...)

1 comment:

Miss said...

I know exactly how you feel!