I think the week school started was one of those weeks. PTSO? nope. Art masterpiece? Sorry. Lunch Brigade? I'd love to but...
So how I ended up as Booster Club Treasurer for the HS drama dept. is a mystery to even me. But here I am.
Anyway, I am learning that people who help out in these sort of capacities and show up to the meetings, get to have the first crack at chaperoning field trips (which I like to do), so it comes with perks.
For whatever reason, it seems hard to get parents to help out in the drama department (not that I'm judging or anything. Glass houses and all that.) So they were pretty desperate for chaperones for the big State Thespian Festival in downtown Phoenix. I was able to attend both days.
It was fun, it was interesting, it was boring, it was entertaining, it was two long days of watching plays, hanging out with kids, reading on my Kindle, talking with people, hanging out with Nick, getting to know some of Nick's friends and a couple of his teachers, etc.
So, basically, time well spent.

No comments:
Post a Comment