Saturday, November 1, 2008

What am I? - contest winner(s)

I know all of you have been going crazy with curiosity just wondering what I was for Halloween way back in 1978, so I'll get right to it-

I was a Virus.

What made my mom think I would make a good virus I can only guess, but that's what I was. The funny thing about it though was back in 1978 nobody knew what a virus looked like. They just didn't have the technology.

So since nobody guessed correctly, I am left with a tough decision, say "oops, sorry, nobody wins" or go with something else.

I loved reading all the different guesses. It was a lot of fun for me. So thanks to all of you who played. I decided to at least pick an honorable mention or two- for starters Melanie in Mississippi was technically the closest. She said I had the chicken pox, which is a virus, and if we were playing charades or something, I would be making frantic gestures with my hands and crazy faces trying to get her to follow the train of though on that one.

Then Alisa said "dart board". My mom actually called me, and thought that was hilarious and told me to pick her. But then Melissa expounded on that idea, saying that "balloon popping carnival game", which is what I am guessing Alisa was going for. And then since I already broke my rule of "the first person who guesses" I feel it's only fair to include Amy who said "I was gonna say that carnival game".

So there we have it, so I just need all of you lucky winners to e-mail me at berrettaz@cox.net and let me know what kind of caramels you'd like, and your current addresses (since all but Alisa has moved somewhat recently).
Also in a side note I find that funny that my mom picked both an infectious disease or something to throw darts at. hmmmm. (no offense, mom, but it is pretty funny)

3 comments:

Julie Hunt said...

A virus? I NEVER would have guess that! Your mom is very creative!

Jill P. said...

I seriously don't know what your Mom was thinking either. When I was about that age I went trick or treating as Wendy from Peter Pan. It was the easiest costume ever, I just wore my blue short sleeved nightgown!

Thatcher Family said...

A Virus.......yeah, ok. And your own mom, who made UP the costume didn't remember. LOL.