Just thought I'd share a few of my favorite costumes my kids wore in past years. When Nick was little I was very diligent in taking him to kiddie kandids to get professional pictures taken. I only had the one kid, and he was so easy.


The other kids weren't that easy when they were little. Madison has since developed a love of the camera, but Zach and especially Christopher aren't there yet. I have to settle for snapshots, some years I get a cute shot, others, not so much.
This picture is from 2003- Madison was the cutest little thing, and Nick was so into Harry Potter.
Probably my favorite Halloween costume was the year Madison was The little mermaid. I had a grandiose plan to dye her hair red instead of buying a wig. When I was in High school, I had a friend who had brown hair and dyed her hair red with kool-aid, and I successfully dyed my own hair green in high school (although I was going for blue). So I mixed up a batch of cherry and orange kool-aid paste, and worked it into her hair. She was such a good sport, but she said her head itched, so we didn't keep it on that long. I think the effect was rather nice, it was a pretty auburn, but it wasn't overly noticeable. And it smelled fruity.
This was a few years ago, even though Zach's favorite thing in the whole wide world was Thomas, he still hated the costume. I think he thought we were all nuts. Also, I love that in AZ little girls can dress up like Tinkerbell, and not have to worry about fitting their snowsuit on underneath their costume. 




The other kids weren't that easy when they were little. Madison has since developed a love of the camera, but Zach and especially Christopher aren't there yet. I have to settle for snapshots, some years I get a cute shot, others, not so much.
This picture is from 2003- Madison was the cutest little thing, and Nick was so into Harry Potter.
Probably my favorite Halloween costume was the year Madison was The little mermaid. I had a grandiose plan to dye her hair red instead of buying a wig. When I was in High school, I had a friend who had brown hair and dyed her hair red with kool-aid, and I successfully dyed my own hair green in high school (although I was going for blue). So I mixed up a batch of cherry and orange kool-aid paste, and worked it into her hair. She was such a good sport, but she said her head itched, so we didn't keep it on that long. I think the effect was rather nice, it was a pretty auburn, but it wasn't overly noticeable. And it smelled fruity.
This was a few years ago, even though Zach's favorite thing in the whole wide world was Thomas, he still hated the costume. I think he thought we were all nuts. Also, I love that in AZ little girls can dress up like Tinkerbell, and not have to worry about fitting their snowsuit on underneath their costume. 


And just for fun, I can't leave out John. What a babe. I'm a lucky woman.


No comments:
Post a Comment