Thursday, February 5, 2009

20

That's my goal for the month. 20 blog posts every month. 20 stories, thoughts, experiences, laughs, whatever. Just 20. That's it. That's not even every day. On a regular month, that's 2 postings every three days. February I only get 8 days off. Which isn't bad, I like to blog. It's fun, I'm excited to make books from all of this, it's a creative outlet for me, and creativity is a scarce commodity for me around here, so I take what I can get, or do what I can, or whatever.

So I've been racking my brains for the past couple of days for something- anything to talk about. And I don't have anything. That's probably because I haven't done anything besides pick up toys and wipe down tables, and sweep, and drive kids to various activities, and read and change really messy stinky diapers. The kind of diapers that prevent you from going anywhere. And none of that's really blog material.

I've been reading- but nothing really of consequence, nothing Earth-shattering, must share it with the world or anything like that. The book club book was pretty interesting, the Monk book was a fun, light read, I'm re-reading a certain series of books, that I'd rather not talk about, because I don't want to appear obsessive and pathetic, even though I know I totally am...

Probably the only interesting thing of note this week for me didn't really even happen to me- I found out on Facebook that one of my brothers was upset because "nobody told him that his brother almost died" And I of course am thinking, "wait a minute- if you're my brother, but your brother almost died, then that would mean that my brother almost died?!? What?!?!" Apparently at a Superbowl party he ate a chicken wing encrusted with walnuts, and he's deathly allergic to walnuts. He didn't know until afterwards, he just thought it was a regular chicken wing, cause it was a football party- so you'd think someone with allergies to nuts would be safe eating the buffalo wings? Apparently not. They probably should have called 911, but decided to take him to the hospital themselves, and ended up pulling into a fire station because he got so bad. My guess is the firemen saved his life.

Ooooh! I did think of something almost blog worthy-I taught Christopher a bad word. Well not that bad, but bad enough. His vocabulary now consists of "car, clue, note-book, thinking chair, color, sock, shoe, shirt, chips, apple, banana, please, thank-you, hi, I love you, and crap." Good job mom. I don't encourage it, but we have a hard time not laughing when I get upset about something, and a "crap!" comes out of my mouth, and then my two year old runs around the house "cra! cra! cra! cra! cra!" . It's sorta funny in trailer-trash kinda way.

Hopefully I'll come up with something interesting to blog about soon- or I might have to resort to posting more retro pics of me as a little kid, or discussing some of the many skeletons in my closet, or reminiscing about some child hood memory. yikes. I apologize in advance.

2 comments:

Jill P. said...

That was so scary about BJ! I'm so glad he's okay. I hope he's more proactive about asking what's in stuff before he eats it from now on. I've pretty much gotten to the point with Barrett that if I haven't prepared it he doesn't eat it. That's pretty funny about Christopher. Barrett went through a little phase recently where he was saying, "Dammit." He picked that word up from his Daddy, NOT me.

Nancy said...

My 4 year old tells his sisters to "quiet-tay", his way of saying callate, Spanish for shut up. Yeah, he learned it from me.