
Today, I am a football fan. Generally speaking, not so much. Sports just don't hold that much interest for me on any kind of consistent basis. I have a list of teams I support and generally would like to see do well, but not enough to actually turn on the TV and sit down and watch anything. Unless, maybe, if I am in the mood, and said team is doing really, really well, like a playoff game, or the Superbowl, then I might actually sit down and watch and cheer. I know, that's really nothing to be proud of, but it is what it is.
There was a blip of a couple years when I was a big Utah Jazz fan. It probably doesn't have anything to do with the fact that John took me to a Jazz playoff game on like our second or third date or anything, but my love for the team and the game in general lasted for a couple of years until we moved down here, and then it started to fizzle. Besides moving away from all the excitement, all my favorite players soon retired or were traded, (and at one point I could name them all) and so the apathy started to kick in.
Other teams I generally like to see do well are ASU (I'm a sometime student there, and with any luck should be a graduate of in the next decade or so), the Suns, the Cardinals, BYU, UofU ( I was enrolled there for a whole day once before we moved here), Weber State, Ohio State, the Spurs, The Dodgers, and the 49ers. And I suppose the University of Texas because John's sister is obsessive about converting us, and maybe that ugly brownish color is growing on me ever so slowly,
and as long as I am somewhat in support of a certain Texas college, I should mention their big rivals- Texas A&M where my brother will soon be getting his Doctorate.
But today it's all about the Arizona Cardinals, baby. Admittedly I have never been to a Cardinal's game, never even watched a whole game on TV, could not name a player or the coach. My guess is we don't even own any Cardinals paraphernalia, (John might have something) but Woo-hoo! go Cards! Woo-hoo! I do know they haven't been in any kind of play off game since 1947. And have never been to the Superbowl. So we're all pretty excited here in AZ. Nick told me some kid got kicked out of the cafeteria the other day for cheering for the Steelers. (gasp! sacrilege!)
On a side note, John is pretty excited just to be in town. After {click here-> last year's big debacle, <-click here} of which I still bear the emotional scars, John is very happy to be watching the Superbowl in HD on his much beloved ginormous TV. He's waited a very long time for this moment. 

3 comments:
what a bummer eh!
Is that my Jillian doing wi fit?
yep. I think she loved that shirt so much she changed into it every time she was over until we just gave it to her. Awesome form and balance. Impressive.
Post a Comment