Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Rock a bye baby....

...in the tree tops...

I Found this when I walked into my front room the other day-

Here's a close-up
Yeah, that's baby Jesus. From our Little people Nativity scene. I have no idea who put him there. I'm thinking Zach. Christopher is too short, and Nick would have stuck him on a taller tree. Can't rule out Madison though...Yes, I also realize it's now February and I still have that sitting on my coffee table in the front room. It's the last remaining Christmas decor I have out, and I don't count the snow men because they are my winter decor and it's still winter. It's not laziness that prevents me from putting it away, it's the fact that my little boy pushes down on the angel to start the "Away in a manger" tune, and then sings with it. It's too cute. Next year when I get it out again I am sure he will still play with it, but I seriously doubt he will make little "ooo-oooo-ooo" noises along with the tune. And so it sits.
FYI those white marks on the table aren't dust (okay maybe some of them are) they are dings and scratches where a balloon found it's way into my ceiling fan and popped the glass dish right off and it came crashing down on my brand new table I waited over a decade to get. (That coffee table was the last of the furniture I had inherited when my grandmother died a month before we got married. I had a whole houseful of old lady furniture. We were very grateful to have anything, but I have enjoyed replacing those items ever so slowly over the years with pieces I love. )

1 comment:

Heather said...

hey lady I will have your boxes to on Thursday.