Quick history lesson- The origins of Flag day can be traced back to 1885 when a teacher in Wisconsin advocated the observance of the day, the anniversary of the official adoption of the Stars and Stripes
Did you know that our Country has a program were you can request a flag to be flown over the United States Capitol on a certain day? It's not too expensive ($17- $28 depending on size and material) and it comes with a certificate. Pretty Nifty.
A few years ago I filled out the request and sent it to Senator John McCain to have a flag flown over our Nation's Capitol on my husband's 30th birthday. I thought it was a pretty awesome birthday present. The only problem is, it takes awhile to get the flag back to you, so we got it in the mail a couple of months after his birthday. Like just when I had forgotten about it.
If you live in Arizona and would like to request one, you can go here, otherwise your State Senator should have a link on their website.
So anyways, Happy Flag Day!

2 comments:
Hey where's your post about Maddie's room?!!? :P I was all excited to see it. I caught her in the hall yesterday and asked how she liked it. She said, "It's AWESOME! I LOVE IT". Great job Mom! Score a million for you! :D
melissa- I must have been posting about that as you were commenting! LOL!
Post a Comment