Tuesday, June 30, 2009

San Fran- part one (of what may be many)

Excuse the delay in posting. I've been having fun, and then coming home exhausted at night.
Despite my best efforts to figure out the public transportation system, I'm still finding out exactly how brutal some of these hills can be. Our hotel is at the very top of Nob Hill, and my pride won't let me stand in line for over an hour for the trolley car up the hill, so I walk it and still end up hurting my pride with the painful realization of how out of shape I really am. Needless to say, my calves/feet are permanently sore these days.
That said, we have been having a lot of fun.
When we got in, we spent the afternoon walking around and just checking things out. We walked around China Town and North Beach (little Italy). The highlight of the day was of course Wicked. I've had the songs stuck in my head ever since, but that's oh so fine with me. I think those were the best tickets I've ever had to any show ever.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Girl, it is not fair that you have seen that show twice!

Shelly said...

Glad you are both having fun. We really loved it there!