But, fear not, I finally had an idea. Madison made a "Journal Jar" for a church activity the other day. She is supposed to pick out a piece of paper and then write about it when she is at a loss for something to say. "Fabulous idea!" I thought! I could borrow her journal jar and do that too, whenever I am at a loss for ideas.
We usually got a taller, real tree. My mom was particular about the tree. She liked the branches spread far apart so the ornaments could hang freely. She was a master at maximizing the mini-string light usage on the tree. When I was younger the twinkle lights were red, but then she switched to white later on. Each branch was individually wrapped. Took her hours. Sometimes Days. I still love a "real tree" but both my mom and I now have pre-lit fake ones. So much easier. And cheaper in the long run. I need a new one though. I have a couple broken branches, and whole sections of lights I can't get to go on. I have to be pretty strategic about putting the thing together so all the retarded sections of the tree are in the back.Here's a good one to end on. I think my favorite restaurant is The Tuscany. Pricey, but so delish. When we lived in Utah, it was our "Anniversary Place". We still try to make it there when we're in town.
Stay tuned for the next exciting installment! (Unless something more interesting comes up)

5 comments:
You are oh so stylish in your tree picture. Please post more pictures like that. I need more laughs for the day!!!!!!!
Seriously, I like the journal jar idea.
I love the journal jar idea. I think I'll have to suggest it to the Activity Days leaders in our ward and since I'm the Presidency member "over" Activity Days they'll have to do, right?!
Kirsten, you make me laugh!
Yeah! It's about time SOMEBODY used the journal jar. :P Hopefully Maddie is using it too? LOL
I have to laugh, I almost resorted to the journal as well.
Post a Comment