Then I woke up with a bit of a head cold. Apparently they only like the blood perfectly healthy individuals. They aren't big on compromising the immune systems of people who have been in terrible accidents.
Plan B was to still drop Christopher off and then come home and mop. And maybe clean out a closet or two. Get some of those projects done that are really difficult to do with a three year old helper.
After dropping Christopher off, I walked into my house, through the laundry room only to notice the laundry detergent all over the top and front of my washing machine. Believe it or not, unknowingly placing a brand new bottle of Tide with Bleach from Costco on a tube of chapstick lying on the shelf above the washer and dryer will cause the bottle to rupture.
And leak everywhere.
It's also very unfortunate that I have a bad habit of throwing junk on the washer as I walk into the house. Like my new Webelos book. (cause I'm a leader so I need one of those)
Plan B was tossed aside for Plan C which was to spend the next two hours cleaning up laundry soap. (I'm so glad I had already dropped Christopher off)
The good news is my washer is a lot cleaner. And the shelf above the washer and dryer. 5+ years of dust and grime and lint really add up. (It was pretty gross- to say my laundry room is the armpit of my house is an understatement)
The bad news is I still can't get some of the blue stuff out of the face plates on the front of my washer. The lady on the customer service line recommends I call someone to come and clean it out. Moisture inside could short out the motherboard thereby costing me hundreds to fix it. I haven't called (yet). It still seems to work just fine. And every hour or so a little more leaks out and I wipe it off.

1 comment:
What a pain! I just hate those unexpected changes of plans. I hope your washer is okay!
Post a Comment