Tuesday, November 10, 2009

More striking similarities

The movie New Moon is coming out in 10 days. That should be more than enough time for me to (re) read the book. I'm becoming ever doubtful. If Christopher catches me reading something I am interested in, he will quickly replace that book with one of his own choosing. (Like a Cars book). It's hard to say no to that little face when he says "Weeze?" (Please)

In the space of 15 minutes this morning I read 4 different Cars books, and 1.5 pages of my book.

It was this same behavior from his older brother that caused the "Great Book Drought" a decade ago. By the time I was allowed to read what I wanted to, I had no idea what to read. I will be forever grateful to JK Rowling for reminding me just how much I loved to read.

Don't worry about me though. I'm older and crankier, and I have better hiding spots.

From out of nowhere, Christopher has recently decided he loves "Ostoy". (Toy Story) I do seem to recall another little boy who was fairly obsessed with Buzz Lightyear as well.

1 comment:

Melissa Braegger said...

love that pic of Nick-he is so cute.