Wednesday, November 11, 2009

you know your husband travels alot when...

You can't remember what state he's currently in, nor do you really care, because they all just seem to blend together. Ohio...Missouri...Texas...California... OhMisTexnia.

You get a better night's sleep when he's gone.

After a month of being a single car family, you're still excited with that plan.

Your oldest child makes the observation that his dad is gone so much it's like his parents are divorced.

Minus the ugly, painful, devastating part of actually getting the divorce of course. And I still get to be a stay at home mom.

On the plus side, John has traveled so much this year he's already earned me another "companion pass". Which means wherever he goes in the year 2010, I can go with him.

I just have to carefully, selectively choose when to use it (San Francisco, Seattle this year) because it's hard enough on the kids only having only one parent around, I don't need them feeling like orphans. (Besides, 95% of the places John goes, I have no desire to)

1 comment:

Alisa said...

You are a trophy wife. Seriously. I don't know how you do it.