A couple of days ago I got an e-mail from a friend who moved away recently letting me know that my pleas had not fallen on deaf ears- she had recently started a blog. She's a funny, smart, lady and I knew that if I could get her to write I would be entertained by her wit and humor although they've now moved a state away.
Then, I got a phone call from my sister in law today- she wanted help setting up a blog. I've been bugging her since nearly the day I started mine, that she needed to start a blog. They live in Texas and we see each other so rarely, blogging is such a great way to keep in touch and share what is going on in our lives. And the stories that filter out of Texas all too rarely never cease to amuse and entertain us as well.
But she's busy. Super busy. Mother to three kids with active lives, church callings, work, etc. She's the kind of person that makes you tired (and lazy) just listening to the things they've got going on. Despite having piles and piles of blogging material, she would probably have to choose between sleep and blogging.
I am happy to hear she finally chose blogging. Who needs sleep anyways?
So long story short, I am feeling a little guilty and hypocritical these days. Finally convincing others to blog, but I've written, what, like twice in three weeks?
Also there's the fact that there are little things to blog about. Madison and I shared a birthday the other day. Gingerbread houses. Christopher's new excitement for the season. How wonderful it is to have a three year old in the house this time of year.
Also, I want to have my blog published into hard bound books to keep in our family library for years to come. I plan to do a volume a year, and I need to publish 2008, and soon 2009, and would feel pretty bad later if 2009 only contained 11 months.
So, with renewed motivation, I am committing to do better. I'm still chained to my stove most of the day, and I can't make promises of lengthy posts with lots of pictures, full of creative, witty thoughts, but I recognize that at least in my own life, something, anything, is better than nothing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment