Tuesday, December 22, 2009

you know you watch too many murder mystery shows when...

Disclaimer- I'm hopped up on a couple percocets at the moment so if I sound at all crazy, it's because I probably am.

So I admit it, I get little itty bitty crushes on certain tv/movie/music and even book personalities.

For instance, Harry Connick jr has made me swoon since high school. I've had a longer relationship with him than I have my own husband.

In books I have Edward and Mr. Darcy.

Mr. Darcy also falls into the movie category as well, but only the A&E version. Edward doesn't make it into the movies, I switched teams and am all about team Jacob. I try not to think about the fact that I am twice his age, cause that's just creepy.

Growing up with the TV, I have always had crushes on one character or another- Alex P. Keaton on Family Ties, Mike Seaver on Growing Pains, David Addison on Moonlighting, amongst others.

Lately there's been Jim Halpert on The Office, although now that he's married and a manager, he's kinda boring. Chuck Bartowski on Chuck is pretty cute in a geeky kind of way (obviously I must have a thing for geeks since I married one) and then there's FBI Special Agent Seeley Booth of Bones. I think he's topping my list these days.

And to be clear, it's just the fictional characters, not necessarily the actors themselves. After I got into Bones I tried to watch the tv show Angel because back when it was popular, and I would hear people gushing over David Boreanaz, I never could understand what the big deal was. And frankly I still don't see the attraction- in Angel. And I really could care less about any interviews he does, whether he's on any talk shows promoting Bones, because I really could care less about David Boreanaz the actor- I like FBI Special Agent Seeley Booth. Oddly it's like the characters themselves are more real to me than the actors- I imagine that they (the actors) are so far removed from the general population due to being so rich and famous that they cease to be real people. Make sense?

So as I mentioned Seeley Booth is sorta my number one fictional boyfriend this week. I share this with you today because in a twisted, morbid way it helped me get through my ordeal at the oral surgeon's today as they were using a jack hammer to dig out my tooth, which was a hundred times worse than the bone graft which I thought sounded really scary but every bit as bad as I thought the actual extraction was going to be.

I was thinking how if I were to be murdered and buried in an unmarked grave somewhere and years later when my body was found but all that was left of me was my bones, this might help them figure out my identity. Bone graft... titanium screw in my jaw...those should be helpful right? Of course in my head my remains were laid out on a table at the Jeffersonian with Dr. Brennan and her squints pouring over then for evidence.

And then some lucky person(s) will be questioned by Booth. And hopefully an arrest made. Hopefully it wasn't John in some jealous rage over my fictional boyfriends.

No comments: