Monday, December 21, 2009

"I can't believe you're not crying..."

so I'm in a crabberific mood today. Maybe it's PMS. I don't know. Maybe it's all of my kids continual fighting, the fact that John is working when he's supposed to be on vacation, that I think I forgot to put in the vanilla on my last batch of caramels, this stinking headache that won't go away, the fact that I need to go out and face the crowds because I still need a couple of last minute things that I need to ship, (which also means a trip to the post office) or this stupid, stinking tooth that I need to have yanked (actually dug out) of my mouth, and it is bugging me.

So it's karma at it's finest when you crack a tooth on a piece of candy you stole from your kid. Candy that had been sitting on his dresser since Halloween. I thought it was just a harmless gumball, but it was really an evil jawbreaker.

And I chomped down on it.

And cracked a tooth.

Under a crown.

Clear down to the root.

It can't be salvaged.

They say there is nothing they can do except "extract it". I have to go an oral surgeon. Where they will talk me into an expensive and what sounds to be very painful implant. And apparently the whole process takes MONTHS. There are a couple recovery periods of several weeks while they wait for the swelling to go down. (Fun, no?)

When the dentist explained all this to me- I thought all they had to do was a simple fix because my crown seemed to have come loose- I sat there totally stunned and in shock, and the dental hygienist says to me "I can't believe you're not crying. If it were me, I'd be crying."

Gee, thanks. I feel so much better.

Truthfully I was actually debating between crying and throwing up.

2 comments:

Jill P. said...

Yikes! I think I'd have been doing both.

Jill P. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.