Zach's birthday is this weekend.
His 8th birthday. To us, that's big. It means he gets to be baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. It's a pretty big deal.
This is the plan for the weekend- Zach's birthday is on Friday. We are having his party right after school at the local bowling alley. I was hoping to have it the next Saturday, but John will be out of town, and while there are many things I can do on my own, throwing a party for an 8 year old is not one of them.
His baptism is on Saturday, followed by a luncheon at our house.
What I've done so far- Scheduled the church for the baptism, and scheduled the bowling alley. And talked to a couple of people about talks and prayers and such for the baptism. And John bought Zach a suit.
What I need to do- make and deliver invitations to both the baptism and the birthday party. Make and/or purchase cake(s). Find out shoe sizes in advance of all the bowlers. Finalize and print up the program for the baptism. Clean my house, plan, prepare, shop for, (bake?) and create luncheon for after the baptism.
You'd think I'd be running around with my head cut off. Nah, I'm just blogging about it instead.
A few days ago Zach asked me about getting his picture taken in front of the temple in a new suit. So I texted my favorite photographer asking if she was up to the task. (I made it clear it was OK to say no, given that I was giving her about a week's notice.) Since the hours of daylight available minus the free time she had equaled less than zero, she offered to try and edit any photos I took.
It was really better than I had hoped for.
So, the big photo shoot went like this- wait for John to get home from his dinner meeting, (he had the one and only car) scarf down the take out order he brought home for dinner, then get Zach ready and drive to the temple with only a few good minutes of daylight left. Pose Zach in front of temple and snap a picture. At this point realize I left my memory card in my laptop when I was uploading pictures of the strawberry dessert for my food blog. Aaack! Run to car and grab cellphone. Feel like an idiot snapping pictures in a "photo shoot" with my cellphone while brides and real photographers with real cameras just want me to get out of the way. Too flustered to worry about angles, just hoping to get pictures of Zach looking at the camera.
I should really get off this computer and get something done.

2 comments:
You are doing a great job. You definitely shouldn't be fired. I think it is so sweet that Zach wanted his picture taken in front of the temple. That says a lot!
Haha! I don't know how many times I've left the memory card in the computer. How all goes well with the birthday and the baptism.
Post a Comment