I got a text from him this afternoon asking me to call his dad. Wherever John is, he usually manages to call his father in Ohio on Sundays.
Except on the rare occasion like today. (It's Wednesday now, but I started this post on Sunday just in case anyone is confused)
So I had a nice chat with John's dad while the kids screamed in the back ground. (Christopher has been one obnoxious little bugger today)
I regularly hear from John how his father loves my blog and appreciates the pictures and stories, and today was no exception. I was told to keep up the good work, and he'd like "more pictures of the monsters".
So, here you are, Dave.
Christopher is getting a little stir crazy with the kids being gone. I think in both our minds his new pre-school can't come soon enough. It's too hot to really go do anything, despite his repeated requests to "Go play park." But he's managed to keep himself busy making messes (why yes, I do hate yard work, why do you ask?)
and being our family pet. He built a "nest" in John's side of the closet and (It took me awhile to figure out where all my pillows had disappeared to)
and building dog houses in my living room. (And then he gets in and starts barking)
Zach is loving cubscouts. I think this was the thing he was looking forward most to when he turned 8. (yes, I still need to sew on a bunch of patches)
Maddie recently was able to attend a daddy-daughter hoe-down/dance with her dad. She was so excited. John even busted out his Yosemite Sam bolo tie for the big event. (I didn't even know he owned that thing)
Nick's big news is that he is now officially taller than me. At his doctor's appointment yesterday he made the doctor measure me as well just to make sure. He beat me by 1/4 of an inch. You should have seen him bouncing around the office. "That's okay", I tell him. "You'll always be my baby." Apparently Nick has been getting the short end of the stick in the picture department. I couldn't find any decent recent ones. So I'll just include this one his scout leader sent me. 


2 comments:
what IS that on their heads?? HA! nice bolo tie, my grandpa wore one all the time, my dad has a bunch and i have 2! ha ha ha! I love the dog house!
You have some of the cutest monsters I've ever seen!
Post a Comment