Zach had a good birthday. (I think so anyway.)
3 out of 4 grandparents were here, I brought in donuts for a class treat, his grandma (my mom) and I brought him In n Out for lunch, and he invited a few friends to his birthday party at the local bowling alley after school.
I was going to have a friend party for him the next weekend, but John informed me he would be in San Francisco, and if I wanted any help what-so-ever, I needed to move the party up a week. Believe it or not, entertaining kids is not one of my strong suits, and so when Madison suggested bowling, and I was able to book a party on short notice, that's what we did.
All the kids seemed to have a great time. Zach had a smile on his face the whole time and gave me great big hugs. We had two lanes for Zach and his friends, then we had another lane for anyone else. I was worried that Christopher would be naughty and just want to run around, so I brought back up. I figured between me, John, Nick, Maddie, 1 grandpa, and 2 grandmas, we could control him. (the grandparents were in town for his baptism the next day) Turns out bowling is now one of Christopher's very favorite things in the whole world. Every day he asks me "I play bowling?" He even took turns surprisingly well, and wouldn't even stop for rootbeer and pizza or cake.
I am told that one of the highlights of the evening was my spectacular fall when I was running to save a ball that Christopher had tossed in the wrong lane. It was stuck in the gutter. The party helper girl tried to stop me, but it was too late, and my flip flops were no match for the polished surface and I landed flat on my backside. I seriously have the best bruise from that moment of glory. It's black and blue, and as big as a baseball, and even has arms, but unfortunately I can't show it off, because it's in a place nobody wants to or should be seeing. But trust me, it's pretty awesome. (And the fall that earned the bruise had my whole family laughing for hours.)
Happy 8th Birthday Zachary!!! I Love You!

3 comments:
dang I miss all the good falls. Glad you're ok.
Glad to hear Zach had a great birthday. It's too bad no one caught your fall on film. ;)
Birthday parties can be a lot of pressure in the entertaining department. =) How is he 8 already?! Wasn't he 5 just last year?! Time really does fly.
Post a Comment