Tuesday, December 7, 2010

as stubborn and sneaky as his mother.

We are keeping the Christmas presents in the office.

The door is kept locked at all times, to keep one particular child out.

Guess where we keep the key, and guess who figured it out?



(fortunately the "key" is one of those little stick things and you have to stick it in the little round hole just right to unlock it)

~~~~~~~~~~
Update-

I originally wrote this yesterday morning, but as I had also written about Nick serenading me awake, I decided to schedule this to post today, since who knew when I'd get around to blogging again. Anyway, last night we had a little family night get-together and during the flurry of activity Christopher discovered I had left the office door unlocked. I'm not sure how, but somehow he managed to retrieve some of the presents I had stored on the highest shelf in the closet in the office, (I am thinking he used the stool, and then put it back. He might be a total stinker in some areas, but he's my best at putting things away when he's done with them- without being told) took them over to the Christmas tree, and proceeded to start unwrapping. He only got one undone before he was discovered, I promptly took the presents away, and safely stowed in the locked office. Not 15 minutes later, he was discovered with more, quietly unwrapping them in the shadow of the Christmas tree. The office door was open, but still locked. I can only think in my haste I didn't shut it tight.

Where oh where is that little boy from last year who was simply content to be? Who was teaching me lessons about slowing down and just enjoying the season? With no thought or clue whatsoever as to what this was all leading up to? He still likes the lights and the decorations and the caramel snitching, but he is completely obsessed with presents this year.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

That is so funny. He is one determined kid.

Shelly said...

You have to admire his quick thinking & determination. Looks like you need to find a new hiding place :)

AZ Smurfette said...

haaaa ha ha ha. unwrapping even!