Is it possible to really answer that question?
My favorite song on the radio right now? From a particular decade? Rock? Hymn? Classical?
There are way to many possibilities. And of course mood and other such things cause my "favorites" to change almost moment by moment.
I'm not even sure I could pick a favorite song from a particular artist. Maybe from a particular album, depending on the album, but that's pushing it.
Take Wicked for instance. Popular, Dancing Through Life, What is this Feeling?- Love those songs. But then again Defying Gravity is awesome, and For Good makes me cry, so how do you pick just one?
But when it comes to Christmas music, I've managed to pick that one song. And more recently a particular version of that one song. Michael Crawford's O Holy Night. Josh Groban's is good too, but Michael Crawford's voice just has an unmatchable power to it (Hello? Phantom of the Opera). And I love the addition of the children's voices in it. Additionally, I think it's a great CD to play on those days when Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer or Frosty the Snowman or Rockin around the Christmas Tree feel a little too commercial and you want a little more "True Meaning of Christmas" playing over the airwaves. (Don't get me wrong. I love me some of that other stuff too. )

In other musical related news- Nick wakes me up in the morning. I don't even hear my alarm anymore. I turn it off in my sleep and roll over. This morning, he kinda rubbed my arm, then broke into a song from the Disney movie "Robin Hood". Complete with finger snapping. Then he proceeded to say "Studies show that people who are woken up by being sung to, wake up happier."
I'm sure he made that up, but it still worked on me.

3 comments:
O... my... gosh, that is FUNNY!!! baaah ha ha. Nick is the BEST! ha ha ha. so cute. And I'm sure you ARE happier today ;) Loooove O Holy Night, totally my fav! Coincidentally, my brother's wife's married name is... Holly Knight. :)
that is a great Nick story~!
LOL I can totally see Nick doing that. Kudos to him. PS I saw him conducting a song in his head (or possibly the song playing in the background) today at the party. Love his passion :)
Post a Comment