Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Golden

Better late than never.

Over two weeks ago Maddie celebrated her 11th birthday. Her golden birthday. You know, eleven on the eleventh. I bought gold candles for her cake.

Which of course also means that I celebrated my golden anniversary of being 24. The eleventh time I turned 24 on the 11th.

Yes, I realize I totally just made that last bit up, and as at least one of my kids likes to point out, I'm not really 24, also, clearly the day is all about the little girl -as it should be.

Since her (our) birthday fell on a Saturday, I took her donuts to share with her class on Friday, and also brought her In-n-Out and ate lunch with her at school.

Throughout the next week I was treated to lunch a couple of times with friends Ü.

It was a beautiful Saturday morning when we woke up. John and Nick were off at a boy scout campout, so the rest of us rode our scooters to Einsteins for breakfast. I only fell once. All in all, a good morning.

The rest of the day was spent seeing A Christmas Carol at the local Hale Center Theater, then off to Benihana for dinner. Naturally, we got a babysitter for Christopher.

One interesting item of note- Zach ate and enjoyed 4 pieces of shrimp before he figured out they weren't chicken. I don't know how he didn't know they were shrimp. He watched the little buggars get cooked, and their little tails get chopped off and tossed in the chef's hat. He still refuses to accept the fact that he likes shrimp. I wish I had video to prove it.

I thought it was a really good day. I think Maddie did too. Of course nothing could top my birthday eleven years ago when I got the best birthday present ever.

No comments: